Monday, January 7, 2008

I Can't Believe I'm Blogging

Contentment. Why do so many people struggle with something that should be so simple for our easy North American lives. Everybody seems to want more. Tim and Ree are going to England. Robyn claims that Canada is "boring". This is to name just a couple examples. (And this is absolutely nothing against Robyn, Tim or Ree)

Now a lack of contentment isn't always a bad thing. It pushes us forward and drives us to achieve things that we would never achieve otherwise. Basically it gets us off our lazy butts. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.. I guess I'll miss you guys (Tim and Ree) and I hope if you come back you will be content to stay awhile.

Now onto less serious/sappy matters. Christmastime with the family was really good. I never got sick of my father's antics. My brother's philosophizing, my mom's mothering, and my sister's negativity. I get along really well with all of them. Maybe that's just cause I'm so likeable. (Yeah I know that's a stretch.)

I'll break the holidays down for you guys. I arrived tired and disoriented from my flight from Hamilton. I than waited for my beautiful cousin Robyn to arrive from Africa and saw someone who was REALLy tired. a couple days worth of flights and waiting in airports. I don't know if i could handle that, Rob. I than delighted in Robyn's Ugandan accent and the ride home with my parents as they talked to Robyn about Uganda (thanks for stealing my thunder, Robyn)

Basically, we went to Robyn's house for Christmas and Josh is the coolest kid ever. Levi loves me probably more than anyone in the DeGroot family. New Year's Eve was fun, though i was angry at the fact that I couldnt win in Halo. But I ALWAYS rocked at Guitar Hero II. Me and my sister went out driving together to the mall and video rental places and stuff together. I'm going to miss her. Also I spent a lot of time with my parents just chatting about redoing the kitchen and other such nonsense. I'm going to miss them. I also spent a night talking to my brother about God, religions, and love. I'm going to miss him. I saw my oldest brother and his wife a couple a times as well. Which was really fun. He's really funny and makes suppers an enjoyable experience. I'll miss them.

So to wrap up, my semester at school looks like a lot of work. But I'll get through it with the help of James and his brilliance in Physics. I've seen most of my friends back here already but I can't wait to see the rest of you guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your blogging either

Anonymous said...

jay, you're a stud. welcome back to our blogging world. I'll come back to Canada content, don't worry about that, but england should be a rocking good time.

Anonymous said...

Bye tim for the 4rth time

Katrina VandenBerg said...

That was sweet as Nutella on Oreo cake.

Rebecca said...

Yay! A blog from Jayber!
I liked it. Especially the part about contentment. But especially the fusia coloured lettering. Nice. Hope you keep posting what's on your mind. :)

Anonymous said...

this is literary gold Jason.
I'm looking forward to more in the near future.